Thursday, July 23, 2009

THIS is how I get them to eat their veggies









I am probably jinxing myself by writing this but I'll go ahead anyways.....My kids eat veggies, and allll sorts of other amazing food. I hear other parents complain all the time about their picky eaters but I have been blessed with two amazing little creatures with well rounded palates. I suppose it helps that I am a pretty darned good cook(and modest too!..ha!) and I am always coming up with new ways to get 'em to try new things. Here are a few pics of some recent meals. I have a knack for turning simple things into something special. The pizza started out as a cheap frozen pie , but with the addition of chopped spinach, red bell peppers, red onion, diced ham and pineapple it was transformed into something quite beautiful and tasty! The chicken kabobs were so easy and sooooo good. I marinated some cubes of chicken breast and some yummy veggies in a mixture of soy sauce, honey black pepper and garlic and BJ grilled em up to perfection. Oh and don't forget sweet, yummy raspberry banana mango smoothies with a few baby spinach leaves mixed in. They never ever detect the veggies in that one!

No comments: