Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Logan kind of morning






It never ceases to amaze me how very different both of my children are. Both so special and wonderful in their own unique ways. A sweet moment alone with one them reminds me of just how strong and amazing the bond between mother and child is. Today Logan woke up early and came to my bed. "Mama up, Mama up!" he said . Reluctantly I got out of bed knowing that he would only continue to pester me. He took my hand, lead me up the stairs and asked for cereal. I poured two bowls and he picked his up and headed for the the door. Breakfast on the front step on a cool late summer morning , the shipyard just a few blocks away blares the 'star spangled banner' at 8 am sharp, the sky was cloudy and he was so pleased to have me all to himself for a moment. Logan is so needy sometimes, so serious and intense, especially when I am here alone and it can be frustrating. Today, I savored the moment and realized that someday he won't need me at all and I better just give as much as I can while I have the chance. The wind licked us a few times and the sun has not yet peaked out from the clouds. Of course on our way back inside he dropped his bowl and made a mess and started crying those big sad tears he always does, no day would be complete with out a them, it really was a Logan kind of morning.


P.S.....if you look closley you can see Logans birthmark, he has a perfectly square little brown spot on the lower right side of his face, I always forget and try to wipe it off..ha!

No comments: